Strength and Immune Support Have you ever wondered why some people are sick every winter, while others seem to sail through with no flu like symptoms at all? According to the CDC, “on average, more than 200,000 people are hospitalized in the United States each year due to complications related to seasonal influenza.”
I. Foods to Strengthen your Immune System:
- Oriental Medicinal Mushrooms: Maitake & Shaitake:
These medicinal mushrooms are traditionally cooked/simmer until tender (30-40 minutes) as a soup. They have a very rich, deep, flavor and have powerful immune boosting constituents.
- Burdock Root (Gobo):
Anti-Bacterial; Anti-Fungal; (Mowrey, Daniel, “The Scientific Validation of Herbal Medicine”
Use with Childhood diseases (mumps, measles, chickenpox): (Keville, Kathi, “Herbs for Health and Healing”,
Ideal Lymph cleanser – Queen of the blood-Lymph cleansers; use for any Lymphatic problem;
Dosage: one finger (small finger) length daily. Classic Decoction.
Caution – large amounts will cause more lymphatic congestion - more is not better.
- Astragalus Root. Botanical Name: Astragalus membranaceus
Immune System Benefits: - fortifies Immune system on several levels, (Duke, James A., “The Green Pharmacy – Herbal Handbook”); - - ------ Regulates B Cells and activates B cell function, (Encyclopedia of Popular Herbs).
- Regulates T4 and T8 cells. - Slows down age related atrophy of Thymus gland;
Respiratory system: Frequent colds, tonifies lungs, sore throats.
Dosage: 1-2 sticks per cup of tea. Tincture: 40 drops 3x per day (no more than 4x per day). For soups/rice – simmer for 45 minutes. Then add veggies and other spices. Need to take for 2 months to see effects. SAFETY: contraindicated with fever. Do not use if illness is acute with fever and thirst.
- Garlic: (and onions) Allium sativum
Character Traits: Garlic affects 6 different body systems: Cardiovascular, Ears, Endocrine, Immune, Respiratory, Skin.
Garlic was nick-named the “the Poor Persons Penicillin” in Russia for its anti-bacterial properties. (Propolis is stronger)
Very strong antioxidant due to its Selenium and Germanium content. Germanium, an anti-oxidant in garlic, stimulates circulation of Oxygen.
Research by Milner (University of PA): using liquid garlic, Selenium and Vit. E – 98% effective in preventing Breast Cancer in Hamsters.
Applications: Use for any infectious diseases. Immune and Cardiovascular superstar!
Anti-cancer and Anti-tumor: helps to prevent and treat cancer – (especially in stomach and intestinal tract).
Use for Cryptococcal Meningitis (fungal infection). Use for colds, flu and fever. Use for Candida – Yeast infections;
Garlic will thin blood – decreases possibility of clots. Protects Coronary arteries against Age-Related stiffening.
Dosages & Delivery Form: Plant part used: Bulb
- Eat raw or slightly cooked: cooking diminishes the sulfur hydryl compounds. It is best to eat garlic with food; or at least coat it with olive oil to prevent over irritation of stomach.
- Tea: 1-2 cloves at the most for each cup of tea. Rely on your taste buds.
- Allicin Caps: Allicin is the active faction in Garlic – and is often used instead of the garlic itself. It is very effective and very safe. 2 caps daily for prevention. 2-3 caps 3-4x daily for therapy.
- Garlic Recipe: 1 clove of garlic (skin off), 1 heaping tablespoon of Canadian Gold raw honey, 6 cups of purified water, 1 large or 2 small lemons (skin peeled). Blend in VitaMix. Drink this 1 hour before Lunch and Dinner for fat loss and nutrition. Take Milk Thistle for anti-oxidant protection due to fat stored toxin release.
- Carrot Juicing: If using a “high spin” juicer then drink within 60 seconds after juicing, do not save it until later.
Carotenes help protect us against cancer of the breast, colon, lung, prostate and uterus. They enhance our immune system and also help protect our skin from UV radiation. The body makes this into Vitamin A, and will help prevent chronic diseases. It is beneficial for acne, lupus, photo sensitivity, PMS, psoriasis, RA, skin disorders and stress. Lightly cooking these foods with a little healing oil will help absorb the Beta Carotene in: Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin, and Butternut squash.
- Pumpkin Soup: Homemade – good source of Beta Carotene.
- Spiritual growth: worship, - Prayer - Love - Joyful heart
- Monitor pH – tissue mineral reserves
- 3-5x per week of Aerobic & Anaerobic Exercise; - Daily Sunlight without eye cover
- Purified Water – - basic nutrition:
- Replace the 4 Biggies! White Flour, White Salt, White Sugar, Toxic Oils
- Chemicals in food, liquid, air, water, clothing, carpet, walls, paint, household bedding, walls.
- Lack of sleep; - Irregular eating and sleep times
- stress, worry; - Pharmaceuticals; - dehydration.
- lack of hygiene: transmigration of germs - proper hand washing under fingernails, shoes, purses.
- low grade “asymptomatic” infections; - leaking dental restorations, dead teeth, infected teeth and gums.
- tattoos, acupuncture, - EMF stress from cell phone towers, cell phones, TV, computer, home electronics, Smart meters.
Supplements For Immune Support: these are in addition to baseline Nutrition support!
- D3 Serum: 1000 - 6000 Iu. of Vit. D3 daily, D3 serum levels should be between 60-100 nG per deciliter of blood. This is the "sunshine vitamin" therefore supplement more in winter, and less in summer as more sun exposure occurs.
- Caution: Vit. D is toxic in excess. Be sure to have pinprick blood test to monitor your D3 serum levels – never to exceed above 110 nG.
Colostrum: 1 Teaspoon for prevention (short term). 1-3 Teaspoons if acute.
- Sleep: 8 hours is the typical need; some need more, some less. Sleep is defined by achieving REM sleep without getting up out of bed (for any reason) for 6-9 hours per night.
- Medi-Clay FX: Open 1 cap in 8 oz. of water and drink during your meal. This clay is Calcium Bentonite Clay and promotes a whole body detox while trapping POP’s (Persistent Organic Pollutants), metals, chemo toxins, and pathogens.
For acute illness; cold or flu symptoms.
- Nucleo Immune: 3-6 caps 3-4x daily upon ONSET of symptoms.
- Cranstat: 1-3 caps 3x daily upon symptoms
- Immune Complex: 6-12 caps daily upon symptoms, or 2 caps as a tea 3-4x daily.
- Propolis and Texas Honey (from PRL): The honey must be RAW. Mix 3 caps in 1 teaspoon of honey 1-3 times daily.
- Neem Oil and Neem Bark: 6 drops of Neem oil in a pinch of Neem Bark (medium/runny mixture) rub in entire gum tissue inside the mouth before bed – after brushing teeth.
Electrolyte Energy Drink: Option 1: “Lemon Power Builder”
- ½ Lemon (or a whole lemon if using a small one)
- 1 heaping tablespoon Canadian Gold Honey
- 3 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon Pink Salt
Electrolyte Replacement Drink: Option 2: “Sea Vegetable Broth Booster”
- 6 cups water
- 1-2 cups Mixed veggies of your choice
- ½ cup Kelp, Dulse, Wakame or other favorite sea veggies. ONLY from “Maine Coast Sea Vegetables” this is from the Atlantic ocean. We do not recommend any sea food from the Pacific Ocean due to radiation contamination.
- 1-2 teaspoon of Pink Salt. This is raw sea salt.
Directions: heat water to 150-180 degrees in a stainless steel pot. Add all ingredients. Let steep 10-15 min. Turn off heat and let sit until cool enough to drink. Strain the soup mixture into a jar, cup or mug. Enjoy the power of healing energy! You can drink it hot or add ice cubes and drink it cold. Do not store in fridge more than 12 hours. This “soup” is the most perfect electrolyte drink possible. It has the complete ratio of minerals and vitamins.
What are electrolytes and what do they do? Electrolytes are electrically charged minerals (potassium, sodium, calcium, trace minerals) that maintain fluid balance, muscle function (heart) and other cellular processes. Low electrolytes could cause muscle cramping, kidney and heart malfunction, lethargy and exhaustion. They must be replenished during heavy fluid loss such as sweating heavy, diarrhea, loss of blood, and during/after strenuous exercise/activity or sports training.